Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2017

5 Dogs Die After Ingesting Skin Cancer Cream.

5 Dogs Die After Ingesting Skin Cancer Cream. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is cautioning pet owners to keep fluorouracil,a cream used to treat and prevent skin cancer that is sold under the brand names Carac, Efudex, and Fluoroplex—away from pets after five dogs died after accidentally eating the medication. Fluorouracil destroys fast-growing cells, including skin cancer cells and pre-cancerous lesions. Pet owners should keep the cream away from pets and when accidental exposure occurs, visit your vet immediately.The risk of exposure in cats have not be classified,but caution is key. Keep all drugs,lotion and creams away from pets. continue