Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2017

Puppy survives after swallowing 8-inch kitchen knife.

Puppy survives after swallowing 8-inch kitchen knife.Veterinarians are calling a 12-week-old Staffordshire bull terrier named Macie “extremely lucky” after she survived swallowing an eight-inch kitchen knife. Owner Irene Paisley said she thought Macie had swallowed part of a toy when she heard the dog squeaking and making strange noises late December. Still on edge after losing her previous dog two months earlier to cancer, Paisley said she was “terrified.” It was only after taking her to the emergency room that the X-rays revealed the true obstruction. The knife had passed through Macie to the point where the handle had entered her intestines.continue