Saturday, February 4, 2017
Sedative in dog food; Evanger’s issues recall after dog dies.
At least five dogs have been sickened and one has died after eating Evanger’s “Hunk of Beef” canned food. A barbiturate, Pentobarbital, has been confirmed in one lot of the food and the company is concerned people may still have unused cans in their homes. Recalled Evangers dog food canEvanger’s Dog & Cat Food of Wheeling, IL, is recalling five lots of 12-ounce cans of “Hunk of Beef” dog food that have expiration dates of June 2020, according to the recall notice posted on the Food and Drug Administration The barbiturate Pentobarbital is a sedative and if ingested by animals it can cause drowsiness, dizziness, excitement, loss of balance, nausea and, in extreme cases, death. The implicated beef was not used in any other Evanger’s products. continue