Search This Blog


Free gift.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

why you should not drink raw milk.

Consumption of raw milk is still common among many farming communities. However, you can also either drink raw or semi-boiled milk.Consumption of raw or semi-cooked milk is on the rise thanks to of literature and old folk tales that its medicinal and so natural without preservatives. Raw milk consumers usually choose this for their family because they believe that it is a healthy food with good bacteria and enzymes, they often say it contains “good bacteria” better known as “probiotics” . Consumers are of the opinion that milk from grass-fed beef is safe and very nutritious,in fact there is a rising demand for milk from grassfed cow. A study in the late 90's which showed a possible relationship between grain feeding and E. coli infection in cattle, which led to a widespread belief that a grain diet causes a cow’s stomach to become acidic and promotes the growth of E. coli O157:H7 but further research showed that , E. coli O157:H7 is actually found in cattle kept in feedlots and cattle kept on pasture. Manure and milk from cows and goats that never ate grain have also tested positive for E. coli O157:H7 and other foodborne pathogens (Campylobacter, Salmonella). Deer, rodents and feral pigs eating a natural diet sometimes also carry E. coli O157:H7 in their gut. There has been Several outbreaks recently in the US where E. coli O157:H7 and Campylobacter were linked to grass-fed cows or goats. Raw milk can carry harmful bacteria and other germs that can make you very sick or even kill you. While it is possible to get foodborne illnesses from many different foods, raw milk is one of the riskiest of all. Getting sick from raw milk can mean many days of diarrhea, stomach cramping, and vomiting. Less commonly, it can mean kidney failure, paralysis, chronic disorders, and even death. Fatal cases arising from milk poisoning result in severe or even life-threatening diseases, such as Guillain-BarrĂ© syndrome, which can cause paralysis, and hemolytic uremic syndrome, which can result in kidney failure and stroke. watch The risk of getting sick from drinking raw milk is greater for 1) young children. 2) elderly. 3)people with compromised immune systems, such as people with cancer, or HIV/AIDS. Although it is important to remember that healthy people of any age can get very sick or even die if they drink raw milk that is contaminated with harmful germs. Read

No comments:

Post a Comment



Claim your bonus here..

Claim your bonus here..
Free dog care guide.